A hamlet and post office, 9 miles north of Nashville and 3 miles from Madison station on the L&N and G.S.R.R. It has 200 inhabitants, contains a country store, wagon shop, Baptist church and common school. Export, fruits. Mail once per week. T. L. Raymer, postmaster.
A thriving village of 400 people located on the Cumberland river in the northern part of Davidson county, and the point of junction of the St.L.&S.E. Ry, and the L&N and G.S.R.R., 10 miles north of Nashville. It has a steam grist and saw mill, some smaller industries and 3 stores, a Roman Catholic church, Colored Baptist church and a common school. Corn, wheat and other grain are marketed. Settled in 1864. Telegraph, Western Union. Express, Adams and Southern. Mail daily. James Galvin, postmaster.
|1871 Map Davidson County|